Koushik Shankar- Founder-healthcare startup, Visiting Faculty member at PES University.
Koushik has 26+ years of experience in Healthcare and Consumer Electronics. An architect with broad technical and customer management experience (26+ years) in various products like DVD players, stand-alone DVD recorders, HDD combi DVD recorders, portable music players, Blu-ray Disc recorders/players, digital TV and Requirements Consulting. Technical contact for major product OEMs in Japan and Denmark. 5 filed patents, 2 patents on Blu-ray Disc, 1 patent on SVCD, 1 patent on enhanced subtitles and 1 patent on video summarization.
Founder of a health-tech startup focusing on analytics and deep learning. Visiting faculty at Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) at PES Univ teaching practical applications of deep learning. Highly hands-on.
Fairly high EQ and capability to bring about technical alignment within teams. Various paper publications on frame accurate editing, requirements engineering, estimation for embedded systems and Blu-ray Disc editing and conditional access mechanisms.
He has been a part,
- IEEE Technical Program Committee for IEEE ICCE at Las Vegas, USA, ICCE Berlin, GCCE and IEEE ISCE 2009 at Kyoto, Japan.
- Session chair at IEEE ICCE Berlin 2016 for 2 tracks, and Session chair at IEEE ICCE Las Vegas for 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Various IEEE paper presentations in IEEE conferences (mainly Las Vegas, Berlin, Madrid and Portugal)
- Co-founder and Secretary of IEEE CE Bangalore chapter. Co-founder of IEEE RAS (Robotics and Automation) Bangalore chapter.
- Core startup mentor group at IIM-Bangalore.
- Masters of Engineering Electricals & Electronics-IISc.
- Msc, Physics-IIT, Bombay.
- Bachelors of Science- SIES College, Mumbai.